The ICMA has offered up to 30 scholarships per university annually to the Top Accounting Graduates and the Top Management Accounting Graduates at selected universities in Australia and Asia to become Graduate Management Accountant (GMA) members of ICMA Austraia, and undertake the ‘CMA Emerging Professional’ Scholarship program on the completion of their degree.
The top 5 graduating students per semester, and the top 5 performers in the management accounting course, will pay no fees at all to undertake the educational requirements of the prestigious post-graduate-level Australian CMA program.
The value of the scholarship for the top-5 students in each category per semester is AUD 4,097, broken down as:
- ICMA student membership application fee (AUD 99) - waived
- ICMA joining fee (AUD 198) - waived
- ICMA annual GMA subscription fee for 3 years (in total AUD 330) - waived
- ICMA exemption fee for 16 papers of GMA Program (in total AUD 1,760) - included
- ICMA Exam fee for the 2 CMA level subjects (AUD 110) - included
- ICMA Online Course Module (AUD 1,600) - included
All nominated scholarship holders to take up the option to join ICMA Australia as GMA members will have access to:
- The online course modules of the CMA Program (2 subjects): Strategic Cost Management and Strategic Business Analysis;
- One sitting of the Exams for these two subjects in English, Mandarin, Thai, Farsi and Bhasa Indonesia.
The students will be entitled to use the post-nominals GMA (Graduate Management Accountant) for a three-year period (after which time they pay annual membership fees).
Any ‘emerging professional’ can upgrade anytime to AMA (Associate Management Accountant) if they have 3-years business experience; or CMA (Certified Management Accountant) if they successfully complete the 2-subject post-graduate level CMA program, and have 5-years business experience, upon the payment of the requisite upgrade membership fees.
The selected universities have entered into a simple agreement with ICMA, that they will nominate annually up to 30 top graduating students who will be eligible to be awarded the scholarships by ICMA, and provide their contact details. The ICMA will contact such students with the news that they have been awarded a scholarship for their professional studies in management accounting. It is up to the students themselves to accept/decline the scholarship.
The university will announce the existence of the scholarship scheme to its students.
If a university is interested in entering into an agreement with ICMA please click here to download the application form.